Misty Fjords by Floatplane
Discover magnificent Misty Fjords National Monument in an impeccably maintained DeHavilland Beaver floatplane, the world’s most famous bush plane. View some of the most spectacular scenery in Alaska from the comfort of your window seat. Enjoy a personal pilot narration with individual headsets on this once in a lifetime experience. Follow your flight route on the provided detailed map and guide. A highlight of your tour will be an exhilarating landing on an alpine lake or remote fjord. Step out onto the pontoon with your pilot to enjoy the fresh mountain air, eagle calls, and breathtaking scenery.
The dramatic Misty Fjords terrain is home to a multitude of wildlife. The astute observer may be rewarded with sightings of brown and black bear, Sitka black-tailed deer, wolves, moose and bald eagles, as your expert bush pilot flies over this paradise. Visible only from the air, see the splendid 1,000 foot waterfall flowing from Big Goat Lake, which was named for the region’s concentration of mountain goat. Colonies of these marvelous high mountain creatures can be spotted and photographed from the air.
- Ketchikan's ONLY FAA certified Medallion Shield Carrier!
- View a 3,000-foot, sheer granite rock wall plunging into the ocean!
- See cascading waterfalls and jewel-like lakes!
- Watch for abundant wildlife!
- Experience a water landing on a remote bay or alpine lake!
- Listen to a full tour narration through a digital noise canceling stereo headsets!
- A guaranteed window seat, flight guide & map, and a bush plane certificate!